Checkpoint 1 Traffic Control
SPECIAL TRAFFIC CONTROL RESTRICTIONS ON LEG 1 AND AT CHECKPOINT 1
There are special traffic control restrictions in place on Leg 1 and at Checkpoint 1.
- The area between the Start Line and the pull-out at km 3.8 will be “swept clean of vehicles” when the road closes at Haines Junction at 8:15 AM. No vehicles will be allowed in this section of the road.
- Only support vehicles should be in the pull-out at km 3.8 but you may find it easier to position your support vehicle further south on leg 1 due to the congestion at the 3.8 pull-out. All other vehicles should move past checkpoint 1 to reduce the volume of traffic on (busy) leg 1.
- The right lane of the road will be closed to vehicle traffic in the 0.5 km section prior to and the 1.5 km section after checkpoint 1 from 8:30 – 10:15 AM. Bikes will be directed into the right lane and vehicles will be directed into the left lane on both sides of checkpoint 1.
These changes are driven by feedback from Race officials and RCMP. PLEASE play your part in keeping the road safe for cyclists
by following these rules:
- Pull your vehicle completely off the road before stopping and getting out
- Do NOT shadow your rider on the road by driving along at the rider’s speed. Instead, offer support by driving ahead of your rider and then pull off the road to offer them support from the side of the road (not from your vehicle)
- Do not pass cyclists unless it is safe to do so; yield to cyclists and oncoming traffic
- Obey all race officials, volunteers, and emergency response personnel